Friday, September 13, 2013

An Extraordinary View


Wednesday saw me taking a trip over the ocean to visit my family and daughter in the States. The weather gods were good, giving me one of the most beautiful days I've had yet for flying. Clear blue sky on departure, almost no turbulence, and less than 10 hours in the air. 



The airline [Delta] changed their luggage allowance in June, a shock since for the past 2+ decades of living here we've always been allowed 2 suitcases, suddenly getting downsized in half was a surprise. But, the flight food was very good, I ate everything, and the entertainment system was very well set up. 

Despite announcements to turn off all electronic devices, I couldn't help snagging a couple of quick pictures of the view from above the clouds. Views like this are amazing and put me in a surreal place, that little bit of time when you can pretend you really are on top of the world and all is going to work out.





I was surprised to find I was on the right side of the plane to see Mt.Fuji, clear, tall, above the clouds, in full glory and beauty. I think this is one of the most amazing views I've ever had of the mountain, and believe me, I've had many, including the half a year I lived right next to it.



S this trip has started off quite well, and I'm thinking the break will do me good!

No comments:

Post a Comment